WCGC Platform – 2016 Larry Nowlin - President
WCGC – A SAFER Place
Provide SAFE, Friendly, Affordable place to shoot. Promote recreational shooting and good citizenship. Work cooperatively with the USFS to secure the Range into the future.
To date we have:
Established Professional Range Management:
* Range Manager Mike Foster & Range Supervisor Rob Holcombe.
* Increased the number of Range Safety Officers (RSO’s) and Range Assistants (RA’s) to serve our members and the public.
* Increased the training and experience of RSO’s and RA’s.
* Initiated new member orientation, emphasizing safety, range rules and common sense.
* Increased and added Club Sponsored Events
* Implemented new Range Fees consistent with area standards
* Improved computer systems, and customer service
* Added security and weather reporting
* Improved the Clubhouse
* Made significant progress in securing a long term Special Use Permit (SUP) with the USFS
* Been good Environmental Stewards of the Land
Plans for 2016: Continue the Progress
* Secure a 20 year SUP from the USFS
* Maintain the financial health of the club
* Expand recreational activities and opportunities for Members
* Upgrade Facility: berms, buildings, bathrooms, communications
* Build a berm between the 200 yard range and the pistol range
* Add an RSO / RA Trailer to the R&P Range
* Improve berms and target holders
* Reduce ricochets
* Increase club sponsored Instruction – beginner, intermediate, advanced
* Upgrade bathrooms both sides
* Increase Member participation, keep the club vibrant
* Support Law Enforcement
We live in changing times. There are many challenges ahead but we are now positioned to move forward and secure a bright future for WCGC.